Thursday, July 9, 2009

Receiver's Competition

Hello all. Sorry for my absence the past couple of weeks. I have just returned from a trip to Greece, and was away from all the action.

Luckily, nothing really happened while I was gone. I halfway expected coming back to headlines of trades or big signings, but the boys in the front office failed me.

The 'Skins are still in the news, finding themselves in a clip on NFL Network's premier show, Total Access, where Antwaan Randle El hosted a catching competition for a few young wide outs, and one player stuck out to me.

Rookie seventh round draft choice Marko Mitchell caught all six of his passes, the only receiver to do so. Not only were his hands impressive, but his great size was evident while standing next to Randle El, listed at 5'10, and Mitchell was a full head taller than him.

Not sure if a little clip like this can say much about him as a player, but this kid is now someone I'll definitely be following through training camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment