Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My man Jason Reid of the Washington Post recently made his prediction on the 'Skins 53 man roster, and I thought I should weigh in.

For the most part, Reid is spot on. The big problem I have with his roster is Brennan making the roster as the third quarterback. I don't know how Zorn could keep the kid after throwing two picks in the redzone during preseasongames. Interceptions are going to happen, but they can't happen in the redzone. After the first one, Brennan should have learned his lesson and tightened up near the endzone, but he repeated the gaffe the following week.

This spot should go to Chase Daniel. The kid has looked solid in his few opportunities. He seems to have caught up to Brennan, even though Brennan's been here for a year. Zorn said he's looking at players long term potential, and with more work Daniel seems like he could be far better than Brennan.

I haven't gotten to watch the two battle it out as much as Reid has, but what happens in the games matters a lot for these cuts, and Daniel definitely outperformed Brennan.

No comments:

Post a Comment