Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cerrato Out, Allen In

When I woke up today, I thought it was going to be an ordinary day. But as soon as I turned on the TV, I found that Redskins executive vice-president of player personnel Vinny Cerrato had resigned from his position.

I couldn't believe it.

It's been obvious that the 'Skins were ready to make big changes, but it always seemed Cerrato would be in the plans. He is close with owner Dan Snyder, and seemed to have a long leash in terms of what he could do with the team.

And now, before the season is even over, Cerrato is out.

Less than an hour after hearing this, I found out Snyder has already hired a replacement: Bruce Allen.

Allen was the GM of the Buccaneers after their Super Bowl run, helping them to two AFC South Championships. He’s also the son of former Redskins head coach George Allen, seen only a step below Joe Gibbs by the Redskins community, which adds a bit of familiarity to the fan base.

Other than that though, where is this hire coming from?

I don’t think we’ve seen the whole story yet. This was a very quick turn around, and it doesn’t appear Snyder had any other candidates. I’m interested to see if we get more comments from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment